He is a puzzle. All of a sudden he appears in the Bible in a small part. He was a king of Salem who was also the priest of Most High God even before Israel was formed. When Abraham found that Melchizedek was the priest of the Most High God whom he serves, he gave tithe from everything he had.
Some compare him with the Holy Spirit as (Hebrews 7:2-4)
– He did not have a father and mother,
– He did not have a beginning and end,
– He was comparable to the Son of God,
– He was a man who could get tithe from Abraham.
1. The First man to be a king and priest.
2. Although he was a priest, he was humble enough to go and meet Abraham.
3. He worked in the name of the Most High God.
4. He was an indicator of Christ.
5. He gave bread and wine to Abraham which represents Jesus’ last supper.
6. He was deserving the get tithe from Abraham.
7. He explained that the victory of Abraham was from the God of Most High.
Place: King of Salem
References: Genesis 14: 17-20; Psalm 110:4; Hebrews 5-7.